- Oilfield Diesel Engines
- Drilling Equipment
- Remanufactured Equipment
- Workover Rigs
- Unitized Mud Pumps
- Triplex Pumps
- Downhole Equipment
OIL RIG PARTS
- Rig Solutions
- Reciprocating Pump Parts
- Oil Rig Supply
- Fluid End Parts
- Onshore Drilling Supply
- OCTG Supply
- Oil Well Pumps
- Centrifugal Pumps
OIL FIELD SUPPLY
- What are Hammer Unions?
- What are Drill Stabilizers?
- What is a Drilling Swivel?
- What is an OnShore Rig?
- What are Wash Pipes?
- What are Drawworks?
- What are Hook Blocks?
- What are Rotating Equipment Parts?
OIL & GAS QUESTIONS
OIL RIG SUPPLY
An Oil Rig takes into consideration a drilling Rig as well as the Oil platform. The Oil Rig Supply is a service that is provided by a number of companies and there are a number of Oil rigs and they can be classified into the following types:
- Semi submersible Rigs
- Oil Rig platform
- Oil Rig Supply drill ship
- Oil Supply flotels and
- Floating production and storage units
Now, let us tell you all about the Rig supply in detail. Rig Supply can be classified into the semi submersible types. The semi submersible Rig of Oil is a floating drilling unit that consists of pontoons as well as columns which result in the pontoons submerging into a depth that is predetermined when it is flooded with seawater. Oil rigs of this type, when moved with the help of wave action, sits low with a large part of its structure submerged under water, which is why it is named as such. When they are combined with enormous mooring anchors, they make it a very established mechanism. Oil rigs of this category are considered as the preferred choice for exploring the seas as well as the different kinds of Oil wells.
What is it all about?
Oil Rig types of the semi submersible variety can be required over a hundred people on board and although they are smaller than a platform, the conditions are generally good and favorable. Rig is needed for transferring oil by drilling a hole into the seabed, after which the Rig Supply makes it move into the next or subsequent location. With the urgency to get the things quickly done, this is somewhat of a common occurrence. Supply technology is fast advancing and hence a few of the semi submersibles are able to drill into the water depths of up to five thousand feet. Oil rigs take in the platform Rigs.
Some Categories of Oil Supplies Equipments
- Oil Platform Rigs: These are different kinds of Oil rigs, the Supply of which is different from the semi submersible variety. In fact, these are mobile drilling rigs that do not float over its drilling location. What it instead does is, it makes use of its long legged structure so as to lower it into the seabed for uplifting the rig out of the water. This kind of installation has an obvious limitation which is the depth of water it can operate into: the maximum is five hundred feet. However, many areas of certain seas like the North Sea are not too deep for this type of installation.
- Rig Drill Ship: This is a shipping vessel that is shaped like a ship. Unlike the semi submersible and other varieties of Rig Supply, this one does not take into account the tugboats for towing it to the location. Rig like these are not as steady as the semi submersibles but can drill in very deep waters.
- Flotel Rig: Rig Supply platform is generally attached with a semi submersible platform with the help of a long gangway for providing additional accommodation. This is the function of a flotel, along with providing the leisure as well as catering facilities. A marine crew is also present to take charge of stabilizing the installation mechanism.
- Floating Production & Storage Units: Supply of oils rigs also take in the Floating Production & Storage Units that are generally available in the form of converted takers as well as purpose built, custom made submersibles. They are also attached to the well head of the seabed as well as store and produce the oil until there is another tanker to take it from them. These equipments produce from small wells that would be too expensive for building up a platform.
Machinery Used for Operations of Rigs?
Oils platforms are often referred to as offshore platforms or rigs. These are large structures that are used for the house workers. The machinery is used for the following purposes:
- To drill wells in the ocean bed
- To extract oil and/or natural gas
- To process the produced fluids
- To ship or pipe them to the shore
Based on the kinds of circumstances, the platform may be attached to the ocean floor, or it may consist of an artificial island, or it may float.
In the year 2005, the United States produced a predictable quantity of 9 million barrels of crude oils every single day and imported around 13.21 million barrels a day from other countries. The lubricant that is hence produced gets refined into different kinds of products such as the following:
- Heating oil
- Other products
In order to keep up with the trends of consumption, oils companies must be constantly on the lookout for newer sources of petroleum, and also seek to bring about an improvement in the production of existing wells. In case you wanted to know the way in which companies go about for finding and pumping petroleum from the ground, you can seek the help of books as well as online resources. Oils are particular types of fossil fuels and are produced and supplied in different countries.
The suppliers of rigs of oils are a number of companies based all over the world which provide oils producing firms with the rigs. The drilling rigs take into account a typical organization structure which takes into account the following:
- Rigs manager or tool pusher
- Derrick hand
- Motor hand
- The rough neck
Each of the teams comprises the above personnel with the drilling contractor owning and operating the rigs. The job of a drilling contractor is to go and win bids from the exploration companies.