Rotating Equipment Parts
What are the Common Types of Equipment Found?
Most of the machines operate through a process of rotating, reciprocating the motion. Or else they operate through a combination of these mentioned motions. The reciprocating movement is the general back-and-forth or up-and-down motion. Some of the rotating equipment parts is the flywheels, wood stock, spindles and shaft ends. All these machines work in a rotating movement. Rotating action is risky despite the consequences of the velocity, magnitude, or surface finish of the parts of the equipment that are moving.
List of common rotating equipment that are found
- Compressors: Compressors generally work on the concept of turbo machinery engineering. This particular equipment specializes in the manufacturing of spare parts, field overhauling, and workshop repairing of high speed axial and centrifugal gas compressor equipment.
- Centrifuges: Centrifuge overhauls and repairs take into view the idea of dynamic balancing, along with vibration analysis, entire equipment inspection process, replication of rotating equipment parts, removal and installation of turn key parts, CMM alignment, complete in-house welding and machining, stitch-weld repair, in-house specialized coatings and mil-writing.
- Gearbox: Rotating equipment of the most complex kind, the gear box repairing and overhauling requires vibration analysis of the broken or damaged parts, dynamic balancing of the rotating process, wholesome inspection process of thee equipment, removal and installation of the turnkeys, etc.
- The Pump: Pumps are yet other complex categories of machines that fall within the rotating equipment category. Repairing and overhauling of pumps involve, dynamic balancing of the rotating process, along with vibration analysis of each of the individual parts, replication of all the equipment that are damaged, and the CMM alignment as well.
Rotating Equipment: Common Hazards
- Rotating shafts and equipment, like projecting stock from chuck of a lathe can often result into hair or cloth getting stuck thereby drawing the operator in. This can cause some serious injury to the operator.
- Operators running such equipment can get struck by a projecting key or bolt.
- Equipment and stock that rotate can force a hand or arm into some perilous position which can result in breaking of bones or even amputation. Parts of a limb can even get severed.
- Parts of reciprocating equipment can trap operators crushing them in the movement when approaching or crossing over.
Hazards: How to Avoid the Errors and Safety Measures
Equipment hazards can be avoided by the use of machine guard. Most of machines these days come with one, or else you can install. Parts of concern should be prevented from any contact with the employees. Equipment hazards are something that every company should keep an eye on.