Equipment Name: Varco Top Drive (Used)
Equipment Location: India
Varco TDS-9SA Top Drive Specification
Model: TDS 9SA
Hoisting capacity: 400 ton
Varco TDS-9SA Top Drive Advantages
- Varco TDS-9SA Top Drive is the first top drive to use twin motors, this 2 × 350 hp unit prepared the path for the success of the TDS-10SA.
- It is equipped with a valve to dial, remote control operated, which decreases the loss and leakage of drilling mud when the reviews coming out or is disconnected after driving over the rig floor.
- In the well control operations, with the top drive shaft increases security by reducing wear on the blowout preventer (BOP) to allow the seal around a round tube rather than around a quadrant or hexagonal kelly. We can connect to the drill pipe at any level of the tower to circulate the drilling fluids.
- Varco TDS-9SA Top Drive reduces the time for those functions that are not drilling. Most of the time remains drilling. Less time on the connections, taking directional records, travel, reviewing, etc.
- Minimize risk and total drilling costs by minimizing the problems of differential sticking Grips and packaging. The cost of downhole tools that may be lost in the well are high.
- Varco TDS-9SA Top Drive is a more secure and easier to implement, simultaneously, torsion and tension that is required in point operations free and loosened the string.
- Allows rotation and movement immediately when problems are found in the hole.
- The lift can be operated hydraulically to move toward the staple, and so we can maneuver the drill pipe and Drill Collars safely, this reduces the risks in handling the pipe.
- Applies the back reaming without limitations. This maneuver with kelly and wedges present a hazard to personnel maneuvering tools.
- If wellbore stability allows, we can make connections in the background during directional drilling, eliminating the need to re-orient the directional tool face after each new connection.